Saturday, May 13, 2006

Closed off

The moon is full tonight, so it's an Esbat. I was outside feeling wondrous joy in connection with the Goddess when all of a sudden I started to feel so sad. I wanted to curl up into a ball right there on my lawn and sob until there were no tears left to fall. I felt so desolate and alone. I no longer felt the presence of the Goddess and knew I had closed off to her. I tried to open back up to her, but to no avail.

I know things are bad for me when I lose touch with Wicca and nature. I've always been in tune with nature. In fact, when things are at their worst, I'm drawn to it even more. That's why I've been to the lake so much lately. But I haven't gone in over a week, and I can feel the lake pulling me toward it. The pull was very strong tonight. Maybe that's why I closed off to the Goddess. I'm resisting the water's call to my soul.

No comments: