Friday, February 02, 2007

What a horrible friend I turned out to be

I'm a horrible friend. Someone I know is in a lot of trouble and I can't even bring myself to offer any words of encouragement. I feel so awful. Like I've let him down.

I'm in a bad place right now and I don't have those words of encouragement because I'm thinking the same way he is. I want so bad to reach out to him, I know what he's going through. But I can't bring myself to do it. Why? I'm afraid that I'll just make it worse for him. Maybe he'll think that there really is no hope, because the last time I talked to him I was very up. And now I'm very down.

I know the swings are getting to him. They're getting to me too. I just feel so awful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If your friend reads your blog im sure hes knows you wish him well. Try not to be too hard on yourself.

CP said...

You are a good friend. You recognize what is going on enough to keep a distance. Maybe just send an email? A quick phone call? You know, just to say, "thinking of you". Then, straighten yourself out before offering help to anyone else. You know how we get when we go on that downward spiral. We can't help ourselves, let alone anyone else.

CP.

bleeeeeeeeeeeeeee said...

I can phentermine listen no longer, said Caroline to Edward, rising to change her seat.. Thirty-four's on one side o' the street an' thirty-five flonase on t'other.. Here is the zantac real source of the dream...