Saturday, December 30, 2006

A new me for 2007

I was reading a post on Suicide Forum and it rocked me to the core. It really got me thinking about where I wanted my life to go from here. A man who is wise beyond his 20 years said something that's elegantly simple, yet so many people never think of it. Or think they can't do it.

But you know, what I've learned in CBT is that you really do have control over how you think and feel. And his post spoke to me. The gist of it is using the New Year to start fresh. Figure out what you don't like about yourself and change it. I responded to his post (if you read down, I'm bipolarkitty).

I hope all of you will read his post and the responses. Some of the responders are able to see the possibility of change, but sadly others are in so much pain that they think either it won't work or it's too late for them. I hope that all of you who read it are able to see the possibility.

I, for one, am giving it a shot. I'm committed to making true and lasting change in my life.

I'll let you all know how it goes. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy for you. You need to expand and grow. Don't become another drone in society consuming a waste of advertisments. You must experience nature. Take a trip to the Pacific West Coast and live what you see. l had got sick from a med change. lt just about killed me. l got well. l took a look around me and re-aranged my lifes furnature. l decided to explore my wild side. l took to the Pacific West Coast. l went swimming in the river this fall as the Salmon were heading up stream. l stroked them as they slid past me. Yes it was cold. l tried playing with wolves by attracting them with dead fish. Not a good idea....Have you ever gone skinny dipping among first growth firs while it poured rain. The smell of the foilage is pure heaven. Just remember. Us BPs should never drink booze. Go out there and start new. l'm proud of you........Paul...