Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A lifetime of misery lies ahead

I absolutely hate lithium. Oh, it works very well at keeping the mania at bay (haven't decided if that's a good thing or not yet), however what it does even better is drag me down into the pit of depression and keep me there in a stranglehold. I'm sick and tired of the bipolar roller coaster. Up and down.

They've been working for at least 3 or 4 years now to stabilize me and maintain it. It hasn't happened yet. Why?? Am I one of the lucky ones who can look forward to never stabilizing? Will I be this way for my entire life? If the meds won't work, then why should I even take them at all? I mean right now I'm just like an unmedicated bipolar, yet I am medicated. The crap just doesn't work!

Why should I keep going on? Why am I still here? Because I'm a coward, that's why. My last suicide attempt would have succeeded if I hadn't gotten scared and gotten help at an emergency room. If I had just gone to sleep that night instead of waking hubby up, I wouldn't be dealing with all of this right now, not to mention for the rest of my miserable life.

I've been told that life beats nothing. I don't know. Nothing sounds pretty nice right now. I mean really, how can nothing be bad? Nothing implies neither good nor bad. There's just nothing.

The instinct of self-preservation and not wanting to hurt those I love. That's really why I'm still here. One day those won't have the hold over me that they currently do. And once that happens, there won't be anything keeping me here anymore.

No comments: